Quality Assurance Team LeaderThe Challenge
We are seeking a hands-on, experienced individual to lead planning and implementation of manual and automated QA testing for the Verum ASD:Suite of development tools. Along with product testing responsibility, you will help coordinate the testing efforts of others and expand automated product testing. This is a Scrum/Agile environment with a team committed to “first time right” implementation. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Agile teams and previous success with implementing automated testing for client-server applications.
• Analyze complex requirements and create/execute test plans and test cases
• Work with the development team on estimating, assigning and monitoring the progress of tasks, evaluating status, risk, and priorities
• Coordinate all release test planning and testing efforts of the Verum testing team
• Perform manual testing and extend the test automation efforts for Verum development tools. This may include automated unit test scripting as well as automated routines to test specific features or stress testing.
• Evaluate, select and implement various open source or commercial tools for use within the test environment
• Mentor new and/or junior level QA employees.
• 5+ years of hands-on testing experience including test planning, estimation, test case creation, test execution
•Proficient in the software development life cycle using Agile development methods
• Experience with automated testing tools including scripting tools
• Strong leadership skills with a proven track record for leading the test efforts on products with complex product features
• Customer-focused, ability to triage issues, react well to changes and work with teams
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Very good knowledge of English
• C# and C++ programming experience is a plus
• Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or equivalent preferred
• Work with documentation staff to re-design and produce customer oriented electronic and printed product documentation.
• Build and maintain a QA test lab where test equipment can be pooled among the various QA testing efforts.
• Help perform manual or automated testing as needed.